Madison

About MadisonHomes for SaleMap

 

MadisonDuring a reorganization of Morris County in 1806, Chatham Township was formed to include the villages of the current Madison, Chatham, and Florham Park as well as the lands still governed by the current Chatham Township, and thus the governmental division of the village was ended.

In 1834, the name of the village was changed to Madison. On December 27, 1889, based on the results of a referendum passed on December 24, 1889, the village seceded from Chatham Township and adopted the borough form of government in order to develop a local water supply system for its population of 3,250. Madison annexed additional portions of Chatham Township in 1891, and each year from 1894-1898, followed by an exchange of land in 1899 with Chatham Township.

AMERICAN TOWNS – THINGS TO DO IN Madison

 Madison